Re: Do I really need BFD?

   From: Jeff Hammond <j.hammond@cputech.com>
   Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:57:49 -0700

   I have been looking at the BFD docs (thanks for the pointers)
   and I think that I don't need BFD support.  I am only interested
   in making a 1750A compiler.  I don't need a linker or assebler,
   just something that will take C and generate 1750A assembly
   code.  We already have an assembler and we don't need a
   linker (at least not yet).

In this case, you don't need BFD.

   Does this mean I don't need BFD?  Is there a way to tell the
   configure script that I don't need an assembler or linker to keep
   lack of BFD (and other potential pitfalls) from tripping me up?

Well, don't try to configure it.  Just download gcc and compile that.
Don't try to configure the binutils.

Ian