Re: Spam

On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 12:05:45AM -0700, Jason Molenda wrote:
> I know people don't read long notes.  I know people aren't interested in
> details.  But folks, please, if you want to send me a comment about spam
> on the list, read what I wrote in my mailing list move announcement first.

I got a few more notes from folks (more email!  What a joy! :-), and I
realized that my note about the spam on crossgcc came off as harsher in
tone than I meant.

Please feel free to contact me if you ever have concerns about the list.
I really don't mind.  Spam is a huge issue for a lot of subscribers
to lists on sourceware (there are ~11,000 subscribers on mailing
lists @sourceware), so I've spent a lot of time working to stop it.
I occasionally get a little too worked up about the whole issue.

Whew.  Let's get back to discussions about stubs and debuggers! :-)
Did everyone see the release of the Insight to GDB?  This is a shameless
plug; I work on GDB for Cygnus.  It is a GUI written in tcl/tk that has
been developed inside Cygnus for the past ~five years.	It has matured
pretty well.  Give its web page a gander,
	http://sourceware.cygnus.com/insight/

It is GPL'ed and all that.  Only development snapshots are up right now,
there will be a real release of Insight at the same time as an official
FSF GDB release.  (The FSF doesn't want tcl/tk in their software, so
we've been asked to keep this GUI separate from the official FSF gdb.)

Jason
Free the Software!