Re: problems building AIX 4.3.1 cross-compiler on Linux

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Smith <alex_s@earthlink.net>
To: crossgcc@cygnus.com <crossgcc@cygnus.com>
Date: Thursday, August 05, 1999 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: problems building AIX 4.3.1 cross-compiler on Linux

>On Wed, 04 Aug 1999, you wrote:
>> Hi!  I'm trying to build an AIX 4.3.1 on PowerPC cross compiler hosted on
>> 486 running RedHat Linux 5.1.  I know that sounds strange, but the 486 is
>> the only free machine I have to play with.  I was able to build the
>> binutils (2.9.1) just fine and now I'm getting this error during stage 2
(I
>> think) of the compiler build:
>>
>> mv tmp-specs specs
>> touch stmp-headers
>> mv libgcc1.a libgcc1.cross || (echo You must find a way to make
libgcc1.a;
>> false)
>> mv: libgcc1.a: No such file or directory
>> You must find a way to make libgcc1.a
>> make[1]: *** [libgcc1.cross] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/disk2/build/gcc-2.95/objdir/gcc'
>> make: *** [cross] Error 2
>> [tomw@11 objdir]$
>>
>> I'm using gcc-2.95 and I have made the AIX header and library files
>> available to gcc.  I'm also using the gcc-2.95 Linux native compiler to
>> build the gcc-2.95 AIX cross compiler.
>> If I can get this working, I'm probably going to try to target
>> sparc-sun-solaris2.7 as well.
>>
>> Any ideas?  If gcc can't make libgcc1.a by itself, how can I make it?
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Peace.......
>>
>> Tom Williams
>> tom.williams@diversifiedsoftware.com

>> body of the message.
>
>What steps are you using?
>What did you have on your configure line?
>what did you type to make?

I  havnt  done it  for  AIX  as  such  ...
But  for this  particular  problem  of  the  libgcc1.a  not  found , U  can
try the
steps  that  I  send  U .
and try to  make a workable  libgcc1.a  on the target  macine  and  port  it
to  the host  machine .
For  making  this  libgcc1.a  , on the  target  machine U can  use  the
native
C  compiler
Bye

vikram