This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the crossgcc project.
problems with building AIX host Solaris 2.7 cross compiler
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: problems with building AIX host Solaris 2.7 cross compiler
- From: "Tom Williams" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 14:09:29 -0700
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi! Well, I'm trying to make a powerpc-ibm-aix188.8.131.52 hosted
sparc-sun-solaris2.7 cross compiler using gcc-2.95 and the build of gcc
fails with this linker error:
ld: 0711-781 ERROR: TOC overflow. TOC size: 65840 Maximum size: 65536
collect2: ld returned 12 exit status
I'm using AIX's tools along with gcc-2.95 to build the gcc-2.95 cross
compiler. Any ideas on how I can get around this problem?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
New CrossGCC FAQ: http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC
To remove yourself from the crossgcc list, send
mail to email@example.com with the
text 'unsubscribe' (without the quotes) in the
body of the message.