Motorola HC11 Back-end

I just subscribed to this list, and figure I'd better introduce myself.

I've collected several patches and suggestions into a gcc-2.8.1
patch to add Motorola 68HC11 support.  These are available at:

	http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
or	ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/a/archer

I have also received permission from each of the authors to put their
contributions under the GPL.  The patch is working for me with
gcc-2.8.1 and for the limited work I've done with an MIT Handyboard.

I downloaded gcc-2.9.5 sources yesterday and built a native
compiler, but after adding my m6811 directory under the config
directory and attempting to build a cross-compiler, it fails
miserably.  I am aware that the 2.9.5 version is now the EGCS
compiler, but am currently at a loss as to how to proceed to port
the HC11 stuff to it (I don't know what the major changes are from
2.8.1 to 2.9.5).

If it's the wrong mailing list for this sort of question, please
point me to the right place.

Also, if anyone knows how to go about getting the HC11 back-end
added to the GCC sources permanently, I'm all ears.  If it's just
a procedural thing, then lets gets started.  I have e-mail addresses
for all the contributors, but don't know how long they'll all be
valid.

Thanks,

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM@tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin