This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the crossgcc project.
Re: help with linux-sunos4 cross
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: help with linux-sunos4 cross
- From: Brendan Simon <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 14:49:06 +1000
- Organization: CTAM Pty Ltd
- References: <379F7DDE.9BEA59@triib.com>
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
fred anger wrote:
> Hi. I am trying to build a linux-to-sunos4 cross gcc/g++. I have built
> the cross binutils and applied the crossgcc patch to my gcc source
> (2.8.1), and most of it builds ok until it tries to build g++. I get
> the following error:
> gcc -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o g++ g++.o
> g++spec.o prefix.o \
> version.o choose-temp.o pexecute.o obstack.o ` case "gcc" in "cc")
> echo "" ;; esac `
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot open crt0.o: No such file or directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [g++] Error 1
> Does anyone know how to fix this and get the cross g++ to build? Thank
> you for your time.
I'm not sure if these will fix your problem, but these are some gotchas
that I found.
* Make sure you have installed the cross-binutils and that the install
directory ($prefix) is in your path. Are you compiling binutils and gcc
seperately or are you using the one source tree approach ?
* Have you pre-installed the sunos4 headers and libraries on your linux
system ? If not you need to put the sunos4 headers in
$prefix/$target/include and the sunos4 libraries in $prefix/$target/lib.
New CrossGCC FAQ: http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC
To remove yourself from the crossgcc list, send
mail to email@example.com with the
text 'unsubscribe' (without the quotes) in the
body of the message.