Re: Building egcs with cygwin on win95

I have built various version of egcs and binutils under
WindowsNT4 and Windows98 using cygwin B19 and B20.

On my laptop running Windows98 and cygwin B20 I currently
have a powerpc-eabi build of egcs-1.1.2.

If you do it by the book (don't forget make cross) there
are rarely any problems. My biggest problem is usually
that I try to build egcs without any run time (newlib or
whatever) so I have to fake the necessary header files.

A big problem in the beginning though was that my /bin/sh.exe
was not good enough. You should copy the sh.exe from the
cygwin bin and use that instead. Then auto configuration
will work without a hitch.
--
	Ola Liljedahl