Re: General questions about installing Cross GCC

   Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 22:24:47 +0200
   From: linuxburken <linuxburken@bigfoot.com>
[
   >> Don't you have to add "--program-prefix=arm-coff-" to configure if you
   >> want to have the above executable names ?
   >>
   >> Brendan Simon.
   >>
   >When configure detects that it is creating a cross environment, this is
   >automatic.
   >
   >--
   >Brian Ford

   The problem with not specifying the "--program-prefix" is that the C
   compiler is named:
   arm-unknown-coff-gcc, which is not what I want!

A reading of gcc-2.8.1, egcs, and Cygnus sources all say program_prefix
defaults to $target_alias (the argument to --target) if $host_alias !=
$target_alias.  I wonder why it didn't work for you.

   If you specify the "--program-prefix=arm-coff-", the C compiler is named:
   arm-coff-gcc, which is exactly what I want!