This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the crossgcc project.
RE: Masking interrupts?
- To: "'Jyrki O Saarinen'" <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: Masking interrupts?
- From: David Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 08:57:17 +1000
- Cc: "'email@example.com'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: DLC Software P/L
- Reply-To: email@example.com
Disabling interrupts will certainly provide an atomic operation. However I
don't wish to stop all other interrupts. I only wish to stop one particular
interrupt while executing a section of code. To disable all interrupts (or
all to a certain priority level) seems like such a waste! I would like to
reduce interrupt latencies as much as possible so any disabling of
interrupts will affect the ability to respond quickly.
From: Jyrki O Saarinen[SMTP:jxsaarin@cs.Helsinki.FI]
Sent: Monday, July 05, 1999 2:40 AM
To: David Williams
Subject: Re: Masking interrupts?
I think you should disable interrupts to achieve an atomic operation
instead of using ori instruction directly to the memory-mapped
New CrossGCC FAQ: http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC
To remove yourself from the crossgcc list, send
mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the
text 'unsubscribe' (without the quotes) in the
body of the message.