Re: NT/Win32 cross Linux compiler

Kevin Farrell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build a Win32-hosted Linux-targetting cross-compiler using the
> Canadian cross compiler process. I've been successful at building the
> Linux->Windows Cygwin32 cross compiler (i586-cygwin32) which I used to build
> (successfully) the egcs-1.1.2 Windows->Linux cross-compiler
>
> (2-1) Now I'm wondering where do I get the linker from? Do I use the linker
> from a Windows installation of the Cygwin32 binaries?

You can use the cygwin32 linker (ie. ld) but you must use the linker scripts for
your target and link with libraries compiled for your target.  (ie. a linux linker
script and linux libraries).  Copy these from your linux distribution to
$prefix/$target/lib.

> (2-2) I tried to build the binutils-2.9.1 using the i586-cygwin32
> Linux->Windows compiler (which I mentioned at the start of this mail), but I
> get the following error:

You can get prebuilt binaries (thanks to Mumit Khan) for Linux-Cygwin32 and
Linux-Mingw32 cross-compilers from http://www.objsw.com.

Brendan Simon.