Re: gdb support for ppcbug

Yep.  I had that happen alot but I don't recall it happening during the download.
I have never run a remote-gdb either (except for my breif experiences as described
previously).  I gave up as it was killing the mpc8bug program so often that I got
really jack of it.  If you have gdb compiled on the windows machine then I would have
thought that you could talk to the pc interface board directly without going through
gdb server (or is that what you are doing ?)

Brendan Simon.

Michael Schwingen wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 30, 1999 at 12:12:55AM +0000, Brendan Simon wrote:
> > I had mpc8bug running on a Windows98 machine.  It talks to the ADI interface in
> > the PC.  The latest version which I downloaded from Motorola supports gdbserver.
> > I then connected to our ADS860 board from Linux running GDB via gdbserver running
> > on the Windows machine.  It is real ugly but it worked (enough).
>
> Hm. I tried exactly that - I can get gdb (on the same machine, built from
> the sources which came with cygwin) to talk to the gdbserver - however, when
> I try to load and execute a program, the connection breaks.
>
> Is there any magic I forgot (never having used remote-gdb before)?
>
> cu
> Michael
> --
> Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen
> body of the message.
begin:vcard
n:Simon;Brendan
tel;cell:+61 3 417 380 984
tel;fax:+61 3 9886 0269
tel;home:+61 3 9561 0817
tel;work:+61 3 9886 0128
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.dgs.monash.edu.au/~brendan
org:Monash University;Digital Systems
version:2.1
email;internet:brendan@dgs.monash.edu.au
title:Embedded Systems Design Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;469 Springvale Rd=0D=0A;Glen Waverly;Victoria;3150;Australia
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Brendan Simon
end:vcard