Re: GCC for Siemens C165

    Pollak> At 00:06 08/03/99 -0600, "Robert J. Brown"
    Pollak> <rj@eli.elilabs.com> wrote: At 00:06 08/03/99 -0600,
    Pollak> "Jamie Guinan" <guinan@bluebutton.com> wrote:
    >> ...if they distribute it, then they need to distribute it
    >> according the the GPL.
    Pollak> 	Very interesting... As I understand, both of you are
    Pollak> right. This simple idea never hit my mind. Does anybody
    Pollak> know what may be the next steps in this case?  I am sure
    Pollak> that Cygnus stuff as gcc/egcs maintaner is reading this
    Pollak> mail exchange. What is your opinion?

If these people have created proprietary code that they are selling
outside the terms of the GPL, then the Free Software Foundation (FSF)
needs to be contacted.  Richard Stallman formed the FSF and had the
GPL formulated by the FSF's legal staff expressly to prevent the
distribution of FSF works, or works derived from them, outside of the
provisions of the GPL.

--
--------  "And there came a writing to him from Elijah"  [2Ch 21:12]  --------
R. J. Brown III  rj@elilabs.com http://www.elilabs.com/~rj  voice 847 543-4060