Re: possible success with h8300 cross egcs

 Hi, you wrote:

> Below is a listing of the procedure I used to build a linux hosted
> h8/300 toolchain for development with the hitachi H8/3644F processor
> (HD64F3644).
>
> Lastly, the compiler seems to run ok, but there's a problem with the
> linker giving me "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" whenever I attempt
> to include a library or archive file with my link.

 The 'h8300-hms' toolkit should work under Linux, but first you must
have a stable and thoroughly tested 'production compiler' to build the
new tools. So I assume that you run a lenghty 'torture' test for your
new egcs-1.1 native compiler, before trusting to use it to build anything...

 I have a native egcs-1.1 for libc-5.4.46, bootstrapped with H.J.Lu's
egcs-1.0.2 release, but haven't yet run much torture tests to see the
quality (only the c-torture-1.45)... So, I still use the 1.0.2 for production
use.

 I would suggest you to upgrade your GCC with the released egcs-1.0.2 or
egcs-1.1 (if available) for libc-5, and use it to build the 'h8300-hms'
toolkit. If you can get 'acid-tested' binaries, why try to build the
same yourself?  Ok, I confess that I too have this NIH-attitude sometimes,
but not trusting myself too much will now and then help a lot...
(It can be possible that someone else can do something better than me
sometimes...;-)

 Cheers, Kai

To get help for the crossgcc list, send mail to
crossgcc-request@cygnus.com with the text 'help'
(without the quotes) in the body of the message.