Re: Cross EGCS under Cygwin32 building

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Pollak Leon wrote:

> 	I am trying to build cross egcs 1.0.3a under Cygwin32 for powerpc and I
> have 3 problems:
> 1. All the time there are references to sys/types.h, stdio.h and etc..
> files which are absent. I overcome this by adding them from newlib
> directories.\, but what is the cause of the error?

libgcc is referencing them.  configure with --with-newlib should handle
this case.

> 2. After this, the building process comes to building of F77 compiler
> despite that I explicitly pointed LANGUAGES="c c++" in make invoke. I was
> forced to manually clean all these references to f77 from make files.

You should only have needed to remove the subdirectory with the fortran
stuff in it.

OTOH I still have the f/ subdirectory in my tree and don't have this
problem.

> 3. Even after this, the building fails on absence of file gcc.info. At this
> moment I gave up.

This is a known problem which should be on the egcs archives.  I do not
remember the solution off hand.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Director of Research & Development
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985

To get help for the crossgcc list, send mail to
crossgcc-request@cygnus.com with the text 'help'
(without the quotes) in the body of the message.