No Subject

You mean for gcc-2.7.2.2?  Yes, I have them on my web page (with the
author's permission).  Look at

  http://home.worldnet.att.net/~jabberwock82/crossgcc/

(Note there's a typo in the page: m69k should obviously be m68k; gotta
fix that some day.)  Some of the patch has to do with adding a -mcpu32
switch, which is apparently already in egcs.

I don't have the headers for egcs publicly available; the development
team has agreed to put in the gcc-2.7.2.2 patch, and they'll probably do
a better job than I did upgrading it to egcs.

>> Then, when it got to libf2c (which I don't even want, but can't
>>figure out how to get rid of), it decided that it needed crt0.o.
>
> This is the last job to do when building egcs-1.1a...
>
> When the job is over and everything you need is ready, why to worry
> about things you don't even need?

I hate to have installations die in the middle, since I'm never sure how
much more they have to do.  Since I'd never gotten through a complete
build, I didn't know if it was the last thing.

> Your real problems lay in how well you managed to fix the
> 'gcc/config/m68k' config files...

It appeared that the gcc-2.7.2.2 patch was mostly some modifications to
gcc/config/m68k/coff.h.  Using it as a guide, I made essentially the
same mods to the egcs coff.h (although there were a few differences,
like ASM_OUTPUT_SECTION).

> It could be useful to compare our 'fixed' config files for
>'m68k-elf'...

Feel free to look at the links above.  Like I said, I didn't write them
:).
--
John A. Breen
jab3@hotmail.com