Re: Gnat cross compiler; Sun/MIPS

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998 Kristina.Lundqvist@docs.uu.se wrote:

> I am trying to build a Gnat cross compiler from a
> sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1 to a MIPS embedded target. However I have not
> been very successful. I have several problems, some are already
> encountered and others are anticipated. First of all I have problems
> just building a cross gcc.  Second, since there is no OS/RTK running
> on the target a C runtime and what ever is needed for the Ada run-time
> to be ported to that target.
>
> I would like to get in touch with somebody who has managed to build such
> a cross compiler. Please send me an email (stinal@docs.uu.se)

Right now, the are two options for cross embedded GNAT.  Both are based on
an RTOS -- either RTEMS or VxWorks.  GNAT/RTEMS is validated on the SPARC
and is supported and validatable on other CPUs.

Check with Dr. Lars Asplund.  I think he is at the university with you and
should still have copies of my presentation on GNAT/RTEMS from a
conference last fall.  If you need more information, email me directly.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Director of Research & Development
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985