FW: GDB and BDM

Hello  GCC  users

I am new to 68k and am considering using the GNU tool kit. I need both
serial ports on my Vesta SBC-2000 for the application,  and would like to
debug using gdb via BDM.  I suppose an option would be to uses a PROM
simulator with a virtual serial port in the PROM address space.

Has any one reading this list tried either one of these approaches, and if
so would you do it again? General comments appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Patrick Harris
pfh@ibm.net - Nights