Re: GNU compiler for 68360 and 820 cpus

> AFAIK the m68k simulator you mention is the only free m68k simulator still
> being developed/supported by anyone.  Last time I looked for one, the
> only option I found was the one from SDS.

Presumably, you are talking about commercial ones here, since SDS
isn't free. There are quite a few around - my recommendation would be
to check Embedded Systems Programming magazine (especially the buyers
guide issue) for commercial simulators, if that's what you are
interested in. Clearly, SDS falls into this category. The one I am
most familiar with is Xray from Microtec, which is known to support
GCC. A much better debugger than GDB, too, but I will admit to being
biased in this area, since I used to be Director of Product
Development at Microtec.

> As I recall, both product lines were Windows-based.  I seem to recall that
> the m68k was available under some unix's but there were some gotcha's under
> unix.

But there are other commercial 68K simulators available on various
Unix platforms (see above).

> Offhand, I don't even remember what the companies anacronyms stand for.

SDS = Software Development Systems
SSI = Systems and Software, Inc.

-Ken

Kenneth F. Greenberg, President
California Advanced Software Tools, Inc.
Los Gatos, CA, USA