Re: Make

rj@eli.wariat.org said:
> or your NFS volume exists physically in another time zone, in which
> case you should switch all the machines over to GMT so the times will
> be the same.

Wait a minute... all times in UNIX are managed reference unix standard time,
which *is* GMT. The time zone setting only affects how programs display
the time in ascii. All programs that compare times should be using the
long integer that the kernel returns that is reference GMT, aka usinx standard
time.

We are not talking about MS-DOS here.

The problem this person is having is almost certainly clocks have drifted
apart. This happens. If NPT is too much trouble, use rdate periodically.

--
Steve Williams
steve@icarus.com

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.  But I have promises to keep,
And lines to code before I sleep, And lines to code before I sleep."