Re: can't make glibc-2.0.1

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997 riecherg@agcs.com wrote:

> I'm having a problem building glibc-2.0.1 on a sparc-sun-solaris2.4
> system with i960-*-coff as the host. It chunks along for a good time and
> then I get an error. As I'm new to the wolrd of GNU tools, I'm stumped at
> how to fix this. Here's the error:

AFAIK glibc 2.x has never been ported to an embedded target.  I submitted
the few embedded targets which were in glibc 1.x.  I would highly
recommend that you grab newlib from ftp.cygnus.com.  The best place to
get info on building the gnu tools for cross embedded targets is the
crossgcc FAQ on ftp.cygnus.com in /pub/embedded/crossgcc.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Sr. Computer Scientist
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985