Re: Make

> I have noticed a problem with Gnu make.  If you are logged onto a machine
> that is using an NFS mount for the directory you are working in, the dates
> don't work right.  It complains about the date being in the future, thus
> causing make to fail.  If I do the same make on the machine with the disks
> being local, everything works fine.  I ran into this problem trying to build
> the cross development tools (binutils, gcc, newlib).  Has anyone found a way
> around this on the remote machines?
> John Scheer
> Project Engineer
> McDonnell Douglas Aerospace
> (972) 927-1002

Its not a gnu make problem, its a make problem in general.

What type of sychronization for your clocks are you using between
you machines? (my guess is none).

A simple way to get them in sync is to get the time/date of a master
at boot time (if you machines reboot relatively often (a week or less?)
this is acceptable.

Also, do all the accounts have the same concept of timezone?

--
marty
leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com