Re: Troubles building Newlib for RTEMS

On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Jiri Gaisler wrote:

> > Are you explicitly configuring for powerpc-unknown-rtems?
> >
> > I configure for CPU-rtems.  Perhaps the code for the rtems configurations
> > does not work correctly for CPU-unknown-rtems.
>
> With the cygnus tree, CPU-rtems is resolved to CPU-unknown-rtems
> by the configure script. Try configure with CPU-rtems-aout
> (or coff/elf, I'm not sure what the default is for powerpc).

Won't that miss grabbing the libgloss support for rtems?  The configure
stanzas won't see that one.  Here is my configure for newlib-1.7.0-posix
for the powerpc:

CC=gcc CFLAGS="-O4 -g" \
  ../newlib-1.7.0-posix/configure --verbose --target=powerpc-rtems \
            --program-prefix=powerpc-elf- \
            --prefix=YOUR_INSTALL_DIR

The program prefix is usually necessary because the released gcc does
not have CPU-rtems configurations.

--joel