porting to a new architecture

Hi,

My client wants me to port GDB to his CPU but he does not have any
kind of simulator yet on which I could try out my port. Reading about
the quickest way to generate a simulator and came across CGEN.

So I`m wondering can I do that but not in the order like on
http://sourceware.org/cgen/docs-1.0/cgen_5.html for that I need a .cpu
file which I don`t have and before I start making one just wanted to
check is there a way to get that file out of already ported gcc or
binutils. I have searched them for all .cpu files but my architecture
is not there.

I`m maybe asking to much but it doesn't  hurt to ask.