Re: "make gas-test" broken?

Dave Korn wrote:
Doug Evans wrote:

Ya, that's the problem I was referring to in
http://sourceware.org/ml/cgen/2009-q3/msg00056.html.
I've changed method test-data of class <keyword> to flag a warning and
compensate. It's not ideal, technically wrong, but for right now I
don't mind in this particular case.

Ah, gotcha; that's this bit, right?

+ ;; If an ifield has, e.g., 2 bits (values 0,1,2,3) and the keyword
+ ;; only has two values, e.g. (foo 0) (bar 1), then we can get
+ ;; invalid requests, i.e. for ifield values of 2 and 3.
+ ;; It's not clear what to do here, but it seems like this is an
+ ;; error in the description file.

Ya, that's it.

I also have some ifields like that, they're part of the opcode selection and
not all combinations are valid. (I'll test filling them out with dummy
entries before I update my sandbox just to see if that would have made a
difference.)

Ifields can have assertions to flag invalid values as prohibited. gas-test should honor them but I think it currently doesn't.

Ya, this is a change in Guile's behaviour (circa 1.4?). string-append
use to accept symbols, it no longer does.

I was just about to ask about guile versions. I've been noticing testsuite
FAILs which could be related - I'll take a closer look at any that remain
after I've updated.

Today we support Guile 1.6.8 and 1.8.x. I dropped 1.4.x awhile ago. When to drop 1.6.x is undecided. If you're using 1.8.x I think you're fine.