Re: [RFA:] Fix breakage of manually building SID CPU

> Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:16:55 -0500
> From: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@redhat.com>

> > >(i.e. the earliest occurrence of "delay" for the enabled mach).
> > >I guessed this could be related to some change in delay
> > >semantics, but the usage in cris.cpu seems no different to other
> > >*.cpu.  [...]
>
> I believe (delay) was never implemented properly for the SIM backend,
> only for SID.  I expect it to be treated rather like a no-op for SIM,
> or equivalently, that any SIM-targeting .cpu users of (delay) should
> work just as well without.

Um, what (delay) are you referring to above?
A (delay 1 (set pc something)) certainly is different
to (set pc something).

I now think it's the cris.cpu pc setter function that may have
something that causes the SID cgen-cpu generators to barf.

brgds, H-P