Re: binutils porting to new CPU

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation. I took a closer look at the output files
(always a good idea before asking more questions :-).
I can identify an API that seems to be used for the assembler
instruction parsing part. There are a lot of other api parts
where I can not really identify what they are used for

Do you have a more detailed API description of what is generated and
how it should be used for porting the binutils? If not, could you maybe
provide me with enough information. I would volunteer to  write it up
as a howto, together with my experience of the porting job.

Also gas/cgen.c contains code for fixups and parsing. How does all
this fit into the big picture of porting binutils to a new cpu target?

How do fixups and frags ??? fit into the API?

Sorry for asking those basic porting questions, but I'm trying to
get the big picture, so that I can determine how to tackle
the porting task best.

Esche