Re: RFA: hardware can have ISA attributes, too

Jim Blandy writes:
 > > I'm not sure about the patch to provide extern @arch@_cgen_hw_table though.
 > > If it's ultimately needed, great.
 > > The way it's intended to normally work is that you access the CGEN_HW_ENTRY
 > > elements via struct cgen_cpu_desc . hw_table.
 >
 > I had considered instantiating a desc, the way the disassembler does.
 > That would work, too.  But I wasn't sure how expensive they were, and
 > I knew the information I needed was right there in the table, no
 > allocation necessary.
 >
 > The toolchain at hand could be handling up to a dozen processor
 > variants.  There'd be a separate desc instantiated for each variant
 > the user refers to in a single GDB session.  Does that seem
 > reasonable?

Sorry for the delay!  The message got lost in my queue.

Whether it's reasonable or not I'll leave to you.
I'm guessing not but I'm not sure what the usage pattern would be.
In the end, adding the extern decl is probably a useful thing to do
anyway, so just go ahead.