Re: Porting opcodes

Hi,
I have generated 8 files for opcodes, though the
prefixes such as @arch@ in generated files have not
been replaced with m32r e.g. Otherwise,the files are
the same as currently available in binutils/opocodes/.

Here are the steps I followed:
0. Untar Guile and CGEN sources in some directories
1. I installed Guile-1.4.1
2. I created a temporary build directory
3. cd to it
4. Write:
/root/cgen-1.0/configure srcdir=/root/cgen-1.0/cgen/
--target=m32r"
5. After configuring, write
        make opcodes ARCH=m32r
in the same build directory.
6. This generates the 8 opcode files.
7. To generate architecture description files, write
        make desc ARCH=m32r
8. To port GAS, you still have to write tc-arch.[ch]
files in which you would call some of the generated
files.
Take a close look at fr30 or m32r frameworks, their
tc-arch.[ch] files in binutils source tree, as well as
the 8 opcode files.

If there is a problem in following the steps for
generating files, do let me know. I would love to help
in any possible way. I am new myself and would be of
little help though.

Regards

Shehryar