Re: [patch][rfa] Ordering insns in hash chain for cgen disassemblers

dje wrote:

: [...]
: I'm not going to argue for it's removal but fwiw it slightly bothers me.
: I worry it's just going to cause headaches.

Yeah, I worried too, for a little while.

: [While not being the only cause of the worry, question: how will this
: sort play with ifield assertion support when it's added,

What value do you see for the ifield-assertion mechanism (the "(andif
(eq FOO 0) ...)"  clauses in derived-operands, right?), beyond what
the encoding fields ("+ (f-FOO 0) ...") can/should provide?  As it is,
RTL-rich code appears legal in too many contexts.

: and the user's expectation that things are picked based on order in
: the file.  [...]

IMO, such expectations are just desperate measures to try to get
around some cgen limitations.  As those limitations start to disappear
(and brolley is going to work on one of the most annoying: insn
encoding special cases), these measures will no longer be needed.

(Thanks for still keeping an eye on cgen!)

- FChE