Re: Implementation Language

   > [...] What's wrong exactly with the Guile implementation--if considered
   > as simply an implementation of R5RS?

   Nothing big AFAIK --- it's just tempting to depend on its extensions rather
   than using standard libraries like SLIB.

I think it's simple: we need to resist such temptations and write in
portable Scheme.  Do we have any performance issues with Guile?

Personally, I'd like to see us keep it and refine what we have.  As we know,
rewrites are rarely a panacea. :-)

Ben