Re: ld: compressed sections that depend on the symtab and strtab contents (linker people, am I crazy?)

Hi Nick,

  Sorry to respond to this thread so late.

  It sounds to me like you might be better off not trying to optimize
  the CTF string table at all.  Just output it with duplicated strings
  and keep things simple.  You could then add a feature to objcopy which
  would go through a fully linked binary and remove duplicates.  There
  is already precedence for this kind of thing with its note merging
  capabilities.