Re: RFA/RFC: Add stack recursion limit to libiberty's demangler

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 08:38:48AM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
>   Also - Tom and Pedro have raised the issue that the patch introduces
>   a new static variable to the library that is not thread safe.  I am
>   not sure of the best way to address this problem.  Possibly the
>   variable could be made thread local ?  Are there any other static

Please don't.  That has a cost for all the programs that link against
libstdc++ or any other library that includes the demangler, even when they
don't use the demangler at all (99.9% of the users).
Most of the demangler functions pass around a pointer to a struct with
context, can't this be added in there?

	Jakub