This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[PATCH v2 0/2] LD: SEGMENT_START expression handling fixes
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 00:41:08 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] LD: SEGMENT_START expression handling fixes
I decided to complete this change after all. I split it into a small
patch series as an update you requested is logically separate. See
individual patch descriptions for further details.
As for historical reasons my personal development environment has quite
an old version of GCC testing these changes revealed a couple of build
issues across 3 targets. These turned out straightforward to fix, so I'll
be proposing them separately, as I believe we have no need to artificially
limit support for older compiler versions if that does not cause extra
maintenance burden, which is the case here.
With those fixes in place I saw no regressions with this patch series in
testing across my usual targets.
OK to apply?