This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR ld/21233: Avoid sweeping forced-undefined symbols in section GC
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- To: Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 13:52:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR ld/21233: Avoid sweeping forced-undefined symbols in section GC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <20170404084648.GD16711@bubble.grove.modra.org> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAKdteOa0EXQefR1YH8X9=y5FxoPHRJJr_9Pqw6rAXEO8dwGoTg@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, 19 Apr 2017, Christophe Lyon wrote:
> I've noticed that these tests fail on aarch64 and arm targets:
> ./ld/ld.sum:FAIL: PR ld/21233 dynamic symbols with section GC (--undefined)
> ./ld/ld.sum:FAIL: PR ld/21233 dynamic symbols with section GC
> ./ld/ld.sum:FAIL: PR ld/21233 dynamic symbols with section GC (EXTERN)
> Is it a known problem?
I guess it depends to whom. It was certainly discussed and symptoms of
the problem with the respective backends (though not its cause) identified
in this thread, and pieces of that consideration were even present in the
part you quoted.