This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils testsuite pr21231b
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 09:21:10 +0930
- Subject: Re: binutils testsuite pr21231b
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170410041529.GB16711@bubble.grove.modra.org> <CAMe9rOqHxO2LYPwLt3JUNDWyyoriPDCzm=QsfHcGLvn_rxJmemail@example.com>
On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 08:57:42AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 9:15 PM, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > You can't emit errors/warnings in _bfd_elf_parse_gnu_properties except
> > for those that will occur for all targets. Please fix.
> Here is a patch to make generic ELF target vectors the last resort.
Not a good idea. It sets a bad precedent that the target vector order
can be changed to suit poorly written code. Next thing you'll be
wanting x86_64_elf64_fbsd_vec to sort before x86_64_elf64_vec, or
someone else will want something similar for other targets, and we'll
have breakage if the vector order is changed.
Australia Development Lab, IBM