This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Bye Bye PPC_OPCODE_VSX3
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 18:34:01 -0500
- Subject: Re: Bye Bye PPC_OPCODE_VSX3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170410221612.GB24006@bubble.grove.modra.org>
On 4/10/17 5:16 PM, Alan Modra wrote:
> This bit is also useless as it can be replaced with PPC_OPCODE_POWER9.
> Defining the VSX2 and VSX3 selection based on cpu bits also lets the
> assembler/disassembler distinguish between the power7 VSX opcodes and
> the power8 ones. Note that this change means -mvsx now reverts back
> to just adding the power7 VSX insns.
I'm fine...err...more than fine with the whole series. :-) But didn't:
already revert -mvsx to only enable the power7 vsx instructions or
did I miss something?