Re: FW: Is there bug in elf64_alpha_copy_indirect_symbol() of binutils/bfd/elf64-alpha.c?

Hi Jiaming,

> I am studying elf64-alpha.c. I think there is one bug in the below function.
> Because I cannot send mail to Richard Henderson, so I send this mail to you.

I am sorry for the delay in replying to your email.  I was hoping that an Alpha
expert would answer your question, but since no-one has stepped up, I have had
a look at the code.

I have to say that I agree with your analysis.  There is indeed a bug, and the
correction you propose is the right way to solve the problem.  So I have checked
the patch in, along with the changelog entry below.

Thank you very much for reporting this problem and providing the solution.

bfd/ChangeLog
2016-08-09  Jiaming Wei  <jmwei@hxgpt.com>

	* elf64-alpha.c (elf64_alpha_copy_indirect_symbol): Fix thinko
	adjusting the use_count of merged .got entries.