Re: Releases 2.27 and 2.26.1

On 22 Jun 2016 11:18, Peter Bergner wrote:
> On 6/22/16 10:52 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > that doesn't really answer the hardware question.  every distro has
> > "another release".  are you trying to hit this point for your own
> > development needs, or are people actually going to get their hands
> > on this hardware ?
>
> Sorry, I'm not allowed to answer when the hardware will be available.
> That right is above my pay grade. :-)  However, I will say that getting
> this change into this release is NOT for my (myself or my team's) own
> development needs.

i'm not the RM, so it's up to Tristan Gingold of course, but i think we
should be backing off on new features being release blockers.  it's not
specific to you.

note: the current plan is to do follow up point releases as needed, so
there's still 2.27.1 and such in shorter timeframes than 2.28.
-mike