Re: Problem with building PDF documentation

Hi Freddie,

I've just tried building the most recent binutils for arm-none-eabi and I
encountered a problem when building PDF documentation. I guess this problem is
specific to the very recent version of TEX utils on my system (Arch Linux).

Indeed - I tried to reproduce it locally, but failed. My system has an older version pdftex installed (...-1.40.15) so that is probably the reason.

I attach the log from the console - the part where the generation of as.pdf
fails. I also attach as.log file generated during compilation.

Unfortunately those logs do not show what is wrong. They show that the generation has failed, but not *why* it has failed. Would it be possible for you to run the texi2dvi command locally with either--debug or --verbose added to the command line to see if this helps pinpoint exacltly what is wrong ?

I guess it it also worth noting that I had no trouble building PDF
documentation for binutils at the end of Semtember (at 28th exactly)

Unfortunately there appears to have been quite a few changes to the documentation between then and now. IS there any chance that you could do a bit of binary chopping and narrow down the window a bit ?