Re: ARC port broken reloc processing

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 10:40:03PM +0000, Andrew Burgess wrote:
> * Alan Modra <amodra@gmail.com> [2015-11-27 14:09:38 +1030]:
>
> > On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 01:14:12PM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
> > > Why allow zero for the base address, and the variant ranges?
> >
> > I had a look.  If it was for arc-elf, please don't weaken the test.
> > arc-elf reloc processing via howto is broken.
>
> Here's a revised patch for the base address in debug_ranges issue, for
> now I setup have setup arc to xfail the new test.
>
> The arc patch I posted in the other mail fixes this issue, but it
> would be nice to push this patch regardless of whether the arc fix
> gets merged or not.
>
> Is this OK?

The patch is OK, but please leave out the xfail.  Both arc and msp430
can be fixed relatively easily, I think (msp430 by making all the
relocs use a special_function that handle sym_diff caching and
application).  If the port maintainers decide that the effort isn't
worth making then it's reasonable for them to xfail the test.  In the
meantime, your new test FAIL is useful in exposing a problem with the
ports.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM