Re: RFC: Fixing objcopy --only-keep-debug

Hi Guys,

>    It seems to me that "objcopy --only-keep-debug" is not doing what it
   is supposed to do, ie strip all non-debug sections, leaving a valid,
   but truncated binary file:

*sigh* It has been pointed out to me that all of these sections are needed so that other tools can match up the debuginfo file with the (possibly relocated) executable file. So I am withdrawing this patch, although I think I might update the description of the --only-keep-debug option in the documentation instead...