RE: Debugging MIPS PIE executables

Hi Felix,

Felix Radensky <felix.radensky@broadcom.com> writes:
> I was wondering if any progress was made to resolve the problem
> discussed in the following threads:
>
> https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2013-06/msg00183.html
> https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2014-10/msg00200.html
>
> Are there any experimental patches for binutils/gdb/glibc that I can try
> ? PIE executables are must in many security-conscious projects,  and the
> lack of ability to debug them is a serious problem.

This request has come up a few times again recently and I am hoping to
submit patches for this in the coming week. I still have not managed to
build a PIE version of glibc which is a bit of a blocker. I'm currently
trying to use HJ's recent patches to support PIE by default from GCC but
now have link assertions in glibc instead of reloc failures.

I have binutils and gdb patches that have been used with bionic but they
still need some cleaning up.

Thanks,
Matthew