This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64] Workaround for cortex-a53 erratum 843419
- From: Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org>
- To: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 22:12:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: [AArch64] Workaround for cortex-a53 erratum 843419
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55195C5C dot 5060304 at arm dot com> <CAFqB+PyKmoEsq=BZJCM+Zk=Qd0TfZ2kodFmWrPwPEwn0aND8jw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 1 April 2015 at 14:17, Marcus Shawcroft <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 30 March 2015 at 15:23, Marcus Shawcroft <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Some early revisions of the Cortex-A53 have an erratum (843419). The
>> details of the erratum are quite complex and involve dynamic conditions.
>> For the purposes of the workaround we have simplified the static conditions
>> to an ADRP in the last two instructions of a 4KByte page, followed within
>> four instructions by a load/store dependent on the ADRP.
Do you have any plan to submit a GCC patch adding a configure option +
spec file entry to activate this workaround by default, as you did
previously for erratum 835769?