This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gas thunderx support
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Jim Wilson <jim dot wilson at linaro dot org>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:53:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: gas thunderx support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABXYE2VCDjNyuyUvrvymGFV9x_C8O3N55K8RVd-uemcW=iU=cg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 23 April 2015 at 23:58, Jim Wilson <email@example.com> wrote:
> I noticed an inconsistency between gas and gcc. The gcc
> config/aarch64/aarch64-cores.def file says that thunderx has crc and
> crypto support. The gas config/tc-aarch64.c file says it doesn't.
> Andrew Pinski recentlly posted some thunderx /proc/cpuinfo output on
> the gcc list that makes it clear that thunderx does have crc and
> crypto support. So gas needs to be fixed.
> This was tested by using some gcc testsuite test cases to generate
> assembly files with crc and crypto instructions, and noting that they
> would not assemble when using ".cpu thunderx" without the patch, but
> they do assemble with the patch.
* config/tc-aatch64.c (aarch64_cpus): Add CRC and CRYPTO features
You have a typo in the filename here, otherwise OK. Thanks /Marcus