This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [PATCH, MIPS] Improve warning messages for la/dla
- From: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 20:17:19 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH, MIPS] Improve warning messages for la/dla
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B023532103DF06 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <87pp6uty3e dot fsf at googlemail dot com>
Richard Sandiford <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Matthew Fortune <Matthew.Fortune@imgtec.com> writes:
> > I've had some feedback from long term MIPS users who have only
> > previously used MIPS32 and are now looking at MIPS64. The LA and DLA
> > macros have caused some confusion and I believe a bit of extra
> > guidance in the warning messages for these will help steer people to
> the correct fix.
> > OK to commit?
> > Thanks,
> > Matthew
> > gas/
> > * config/tc-mips.c (macro): State the recommended way of creating
> > 32-bit or 64-bit addresses.
> OK, thanks. Guess this means we don't have any testcases for the
> warning. :-)
Indeed, I was surprised too. I'll add one for each though given I
had the same thought as you.