This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld for ia64-hp-openvms target
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: David SAUVAGE - AdaLabs Ltd <david dot sauvage at adalabs dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 17:30:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: ld for ia64-hp-openvms target
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5508028F dot 1000308 at adalabs dot com> <mvmy4mv6h2x dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <55083C02 dot 30601 at adalabs dot com> <4F800C94-802F-4FD4-87F7-C30058CE5D43 at adacore dot com> <550883A9 dot 4000104 at adalabs dot com> <4E233EC2-EFF3-4009-BA17-AA42E21384AA at adacore dot com> <5538F055 dot 2010304 at adalabs dot com>
> On 23 Apr 2015, at 15:15, David SAUVAGE - AdaLabs Ltd <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 03/18/2015 12:45 PM, Tristan Gingold wrote:
>>> ia64-hp-openvms-ld: cannot find -limagelib
>>> >ia64-hp-openvms-ld: cannot find -lstarlet
>>> >ia64-hp-openvms-ld: cannot find -lsys$public_vectors
>> You have to import these libraries from a VMS system.
> I imported the 3 of them from VMS by using copy and zip them before transfer to Unix.
> While the cross ld _seems_ to correctly process imagelib.exe and starlet.exe, a segfault is raised while processing sys$public_vectors.exe 
> Did you took sys$public_vectors.exe 'as it is' from VMS or did you rework/transform/.../ it ?
No, I didn’t transform it.
> in function elf64_vms_link_add_object_symbols htab->dynobj has NULL value in the call to elf64_ia64_create_dynamic_sections
> Moreover in function elf64_ia64_create_dynamic_sections elf_hash_table (info)->dynobj also has NULL value
> Any idea why both htab->dynobj and elf_hash_table (info)->dynobj has NULL value ?
Not out of mind. Needs a little bit of investigation :-(