This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Put GNU_UNIQUE symbols into the dynamic section.
- From: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Ian Coolidge <icoolidge at google dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, kmackay at google dot com, Han Shen <shenhan at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 11:11:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Put GNU_UNIQUE symbols into the dynamic section.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1429255182-11847-1-git-send-email-icoolidge at google dot com> <CAJimCsFyNXziWQBTuxfpnYxKuOvV8tg21_VbduCJhNbMcsTBJw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Cary Coutant <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Gold has a --no-gnu-unique option that converts STB_GNU_UNIQUE to
> STB_GLOBAL while writing the dynamic symbol table. This was to work
> around an issue with older dynamic loaders.
Older loaders are not at all the reason for this flag:
> It's also possible that --no-gnu-unique might be ready for
> deprecation. Paul, do you have an opinion on that?
We still very much need --no-gnu-unique.