This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64] Workaround for cortex-a53 erratum 843419
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 13:17:12 +0100
- Subject: Re: [AArch64] Workaround for cortex-a53 erratum 843419
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55195C5C dot 5060304 at arm dot com>
On 30 March 2015 at 15:23, Marcus Shawcroft <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Some early revisions of the Cortex-A53 have an erratum (843419). The
> details of the erratum are quite complex and involve dynamic conditions.
> For the purposes of the workaround we have simplified the static conditions
> to an ADRP in the last two instructions of a 4KByte page, followed within
> four instructions by a load/store dependent on the ADRP.