Re: Contributing FreeBSD/aarch64 support

On 9 February 2015 at 10:25, Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 8 February 2015 at 23:12, Andrew Pinski <pinskia@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Also if you need
>> -Wno-uninitialized, it might make sense to figure out better patches
>> for those places where unitialized warnings happen.
>
> This one is fixed with:
> -  struct bfd_link_hash_entry ehdr_start_save = ehdr_start_save;
> +  struct bfd_link_hash_entry ehdr_start_save;

I missed that the redundant assignment was added intentionally (I
assumed it was an accident).  It was done in commit f9c316c to
eliminate an uninitialized warning from older GCC.

H.J., do you have a suggestion on an approach for both old GCC and
recent Clang? Perhaps an explicit #if condition on __GNUC__ and
__GNUC_MINOR__ for the redundant assignment?