Re: PATCH: Compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by default

Hi!

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 11:04:01 -0800, "H.J. Lu" <hjl.tools@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 14 Dec 2014, H.J. Lu wrote:
> >
> >> I checked in this patch to compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by
> >> default.
> >
> > I don't think it makes sense for something like this to be
> > architecture-dependent.  If desired it should be done for GNU/Linux on all
> > architectures (and probably for GNU/Hurd, GNU/kFreeBSD etc. - all systems
> > with GNU userspace), if not for all ELF targets.
>
> Sure, someone can contribute a patch.

I don't like this attitude very much.  We should strive to be a bit more
cooperative within our own community, at least.  As Joseph says, there is
no reason to restrict this change -- which, as Joel has pointed out, has
not been discussed/reviewed/approved before -- to x86 GNU/Linux only.

GrÃÃe,
 Thomas